Pageviews past week

Saturday, December 4, 2010

40...the New Me!


When I was a younger girl, I remember parties celebrating becoming a teenager, a sweet teenager, getting old enough to be responsible for yourself and then turning an age where you could drink to your heart’s content. After that, I never really paid attention to the birthdays milestones. My mom and dad seemed OLD and not 30s and 40s old, but like no teeth and pureed food old. Why did I think that? I never gave getting that old a thought…til now. In less than 12 hours, I will be 40 years old. That’s four decades, two scores or forty (40)-365 day periods, however you want to see it. I did take a few days and recollect on what I did in those years and it really came down to this…NOT MUCH! I did graduate high school, college, get married and some other great things but other than that, the spectacular, in my opinion, hasn’t manifested. I have two big dreams that can ONLY come true through the Lord’s intervention and my perseverance. The former element is a given if it be His will for me and the latter, well, its simple…it time to put up or shut up. I have to apologize for several people who have heard me say big things and haven’t accomplished much more than hype and a few minor accomplishments. I have been lazy, not really believing that it would work. I know Oprah, who was once an anchor on the news never dreamed the day she would own her OWN network, would be realized. Well, January 1, 2011, she will own it! Now, that leaves me. What am I to do with these big dreams of mine? Is it too late? Should I move on and do what I “can?” Or should I just quit making excuse one after another and as the old folks used to say, “Piss or get off the pot?” I am creative, smart, entrepreneurial and even driven, but am I destined for the greatness I seek? Well, I got the answer…World, Happy 40th Birthday to Karla Denise Woods Stephens! The new ME is here!

Be Blessed!

1 comment: