Pageviews past week

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Being Fluid...

One of the biggest straits in marriage that I thought I would love was stability and the"settling down" of it. I wanted the "fictional" picket fence and the two income family and the trinkets they come with. I knew I had the man God wanted for me so all I needed to do was to just wait for the bestowing of all my expectations to fall on me...then I woke up.

While I am madly in love with my wonderful husband, he is the ONLY thing in this equation that is SOLID. Everything else is a fluid concept. But I couldn't be happier. I wanted all those things because I thought that is truly what happiness was, but I had a skewed view of my truth. Women always want to be comfortable. We have to feel like the man's "got it" in marriage. Some of us are career women who don't mind helping our husbands but we want to know he is in the driver's seat. We look to them for direction but we also want to have our say. Its a pretty fierce game of Venus vs. Serena but in all things, there must be compromise. 

My husband is a hardworking man who loves the feeling of providing for his own. He gives me that security and opportunity only afforded to just so many women. I am blessed because God heard my heart and not my head...THANK YOU JESUS! I get to dedicate my days and some nights on sharpening my skills, building our legacy and using what God blessed me with to be a blessing. Our company will rival the biggest and baddest companies out there. What's more important, he is doing what he loves and I am too, while we love each other. It was a long time coming, but change is here!

My life is fluid and I love it. It allows me to move into newness daily. I try to hold on sometimes to the old way and mindsets and that's where my issues are. So my declaration today is encourage you to get more fluid...go with the FLOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment