Pageviews past week

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Triumphant Return...

Last night, I watched a boxing match between two of boxing's biggest stars, Manny Pacquaio and Antonio Margarito. As the fight progressed, the spiritual significance became ever clear to me as to why I chosen to view it. Manny is boxing's "Man of the Hour" and Margarito is the "Comeback Kid," disgraced by a suspension from the sport for a year. He had something to prove. He wanted to return to the ring and prove he belonged there. He trained the same as Manny. He went through all the motions and guidelines set by Boxing heads, just like Manny. He indeed returned to the ring. The fight was on. He spent 12 rounds circling Manny and taking shots and receiving them the same. Although, he finished the fight, he was not triumphant in on the score cards. His face bloodied and his team saddened, Margarito was asked why he didn't stop the fight when it was apparent that Manny had beat him, his face mangled and bloodied, showing proof of this. He said in his native Hispanic tongue, "I am a fighter, I am a Mexican, I don't quit." 

That phrase spoke volumes to me. My event planning business has weathered years of storms, from relocation to financial distress to even personal introspect issues. But today, a few hours after this fight that left one man defeated in score, but not in spirit, I say as he did, "I am a fighter, I am an event planner, I don't quit." This is my Triumphant Return!

Be on the lookout for me in your city, your country, your world! I am coming, coming for what's mine. And you know I am. So thank you in advance for your support, whether it be none or all! I will not be stopped.

Go Team Bona Fide! #offtotrain

1 comment:

  1. yes never give up!!! I almost broke out into cheerleader mode but I pulled that back..I'll save it LOL..

    ReplyDelete